Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: A Letter Regarding the Scale.

Saturday, August 1, 2020

A Letter Regarding the Scale.

Some people here are making a fatal mistake.

TLDR: Scale doesn't tell the whole story, "The scale doesn't tell the whole story" gets more and more true the more you lose weight. Use other tools.

I have noticed that the vast majority of people here focus on what the scale tells them regarding the pounds they have. Those who diet often complain that they're not losing any weight. Even worse, some give up altogether or decide to be harsher on themselves.

I just want to leave a note that the quote "The scale doesn't tell the whole story" gets more and more true the more you lose weight.
Allow me to give an example:
A person who weighs 300 pounds or is considered Obese on the BMI can roughly depend on the scale for the measurement of fat loss.
A person who weighs 200 pounds or is at the "at risk of overweight" BMI category can NOT safely depend on the scale. This is especially true for those of us that do any form of exercising regularly, this is because the mass of muscle will replace the mass of fat, this is why you hear exercising will help with the flappy/saggy skin of weight-loss.

Take me for example, I weighed roughly 200 pounds for the past 2 weeks while I'm dieting and doing exercises; primarily strength training and cardio. You may have the first impressions that I am not succeeding at all, but I'd strongly disagree, and here's why:
I measured my circumferences.
A week ago, my waist was 91, my hip was 94, and my neck was 44 cm.
Now my it's 86, 89, and 42 cm, respectively.
In order to get an accurate input of my body fat and health status, I regularly used these calculators: Waist to height ratio and Body fat calculator. I strongly suggest you use these as well the more you lose weight.

Shed those pounds, lads and lasses!

submitted by /u/storkfol
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/i1pm8g/a_letter_regarding_the_scale/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...