Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I need help with my new lifestyle diet

Sunday, January 26, 2020

I need help with my new lifestyle diet

Diet has been one of the hardest things for me to figure out and understand for how I eat. I've been at war with my weight all my life, and I just want to figure out from people who have experience using a healthy diet, because I can exercise and put in as much work as my body can take, but I can't seem to figure out how to improve my diet to where I'm not struggling to crave fast food or french bread or chips or muffins.

Before my dad and ex-stepmother would make me eat healthier food until I began to like it. My fittest was ~175-180 lbs at age 12 (This was a big accomplishment for me because I was lean with muscle due to all the walking and running I did to get to school and back, as well as spend hours at the park nearby). Right now I'm at 270 at age 18 and I've tried my best to contain my weight here. I took up swimming and water polo at my high school after facing my fears of insecurity and I was able to get down to 250, but I knew without a good diet, it was gonna rebound.

As I said before, my cravings have been my enemy in this endeavor. I just really love carbs, and limiting myself on them is very difficult for me. I'm trying to find healthier alternatives like roasted chickpeas instead of chips and lower calorie bread, and for the most part, I can live with that. I've replaced muffins by avoiding the temptation to buy them and so far it's been good. The only fast food I get right now is from food on my college campus, but I've been trying to make more food at home so I can track how much I'm eating and get it right. I know I'm doing good, but I keep having days where my body just wants to binge and eat everything I've worked so hard to avoid and I hate it. I don't hate myself, I hate my willpower to not give in to temptation.

Another thing I have a problem with is ideas for meals. I don't like eating in the morning or afternoon because then my body just craves food for the rest of the day until about 9 pm. Whenever I do eat, I try to get filling food and I try to make sure that whatever I cook is gonna take me at least half an hour, but I keep feeling hungry afterwards and I just feel like eating more than I should.

There's that, and the fact that I really don't know what to do with vegetables. I love fruit, and I've been using that to counter my sweet tooth and it's been working well, but veggies, I really just don't have an interest in them. At least, not in the ones that I should be eating. The only ones I feel like I can eat and I'm fine with are carrots, peas, sweet potatoes, bell peppers, spinach, and broccoli. I can't really find sweet potatoes right now, and carrots and peas are higher in carbs than the other 3. I want to incorporate bell peppers, spinach, and broccoli into my meals, but I feel like I'm gonna get bored of them and I'll start to ignore them. Not only that, but I feel like I can only eat them with ranch or peanut butter, and I just feel bad about that.

I don't know, I needed to get that off my chest and at least tell someone. I don't have motivation from others and I don't feel comfortable talking about it to my counselor. I want to vent out to a friend, but it's hard for me to find true friends when you move around a lot, making new ones each time. I just need advice. My mental state has been improving, and I completed a 30 day challenge of doing some form of exercise for at least 30 minutes. I'm in love with cardio (especially jogging/running), but my body can't keep up due to chafing and foot pain, and I really can't afford good running shoes or comfortable fitting clothes that are more suited for running yet. I'm going to get them though, soon enough.

My biggest battle all my life with weight has been diet, and I've been wanting to defeat it for years. Please, just help me and give me ideas to work with vegetables. This is the last piece of the puzzle for me and then I know it'll boost me in a huge jump. I don't have a steamer or a blender, all I got are pans, a stove, a microwave, and an oven. I've tried meal prepping, and it's not suited for me. I hope I have luck on this subreddit to guide me into a better lifestyle. I don't care about muscle, I care about my body being healthy and making the right choices for my diet.

submitted by /u/XcrookX
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/eu30qc/i_need_help_with_my_new_lifestyle_diet/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...