Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Tips for an obese college student looking to lose weight?

Sunday, January 26, 2020

Tips for an obese college student looking to lose weight?

Hey all, I’m a sophomore in college currently (20 y/o male) and am 6’1”, 255 lbs. I have dealt with being overweight (now obese) for basically as long as I can remember. I have tried on multiple occasions to lose weight - my “most fit” point was a few years ago, when I was 210.

I recently decided enough was enough, and I needed to make a change, not only for looks but also for real health concerns down the road. I have a gym that is literally 2 minutes away from my dorm, and a dining hall within walking distance as well.

For the past few years my friends and I have made a tradition of going on a beach trip in early-mid May. They are all in shape, so I’ve always felt self conscious about my weight. So, basically my goal is to lose as much as possible, while doing it in a healthy manner.

The dining hall on campus doesn’t have the healthiest of options, and the options it has are pretty slim (grilled chicken, salad, some veggies). Being in college, I also don’t have that much money to be spending hundreds on healthy food every week to keep in my room. So, as someone who has really struggled with dieting ever since they entered college, I’m asking for any tips you all might have. Any cheap but healthy foods, good snacks to have in the room, any good dining hall go-to’s, etc.

I am also struggling to come up with an effective strategy in the gym. I have seen all kinds of things about what is best - cardio vs. weight training, different kinds of lifting, etc. The gym I have near me has cardio equipment, so that isn’t an issue, and I usually actually enjoy doing cardio (that’s what I did in the past to get down to 210). Most of what I did then was high-intensity, however, and I started out at a lighter weight then (more like 230-235), so I’m not sure if doing something like running would lead to knee and ankle problems later on down the road.

So basically I’m looking for any tips you guys have for me. I’m essentially clueless, so any advice is greatly appreciated.

TL;DR: 6’1” 255 lb 20 y/o male looking for effective dieting and exercise strategies while at college to lose weight efficiently but healthily

submitted by /u/user72628
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/euhng3/tips_for_an_obese_college_student_looking_to_lose/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...