Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Working on a high-protein, high-veggie, low-carb diet now. Here is this week’s grocery haul.

Sunday, January 26, 2020

Working on a high-protein, high-veggie, low-carb diet now. Here is this week’s grocery haul.

Trader Joe’s and Costco. For 2 people. Roughly $140 in total.

https://i.imgur.com/dm13jF2.jpg

I’m a little bit of a lazy cook, so that’s why I bought pre-cooked or at least pre-seasoned meats for the most part. We ate the fresh salmon tonight with lime juice and lemon pepper for seasoning, served on a bed of riced cauliflower, along with salad (mixed greens; cucumber; mini peppers; vinaigrette).

One meal a day consists of a non-flavored protein powder shake, in which my fitness coach recommends I add fruit to in order to make it palatable. I think it ends up being 300+ calories and a ton of protein.

This week I’ve completely cut out sweetened foods except for the lower-sugar yogurt. Incredibly, I lost about 3 pounds this week (male, mid-30s, 5’11”, 185lbs to 182lbs) though I know some of this is probably water weight. I must be bordering on ketosis as I’ve been a little lethargic. After all, I was practically living on carbs before as many of you are familiar with. We do 30-minute HIIT classes 3 days per week.

My goal weight is somewhere around 160-165, which I weighed for years when I was more active and eating less. The highest I got to recently was around 189. The crazy part is how insidious the weight gain has been; it’s all been over the last 8 years. That’s only 3 pounds a year.

Any tips for low-carb diets?

submitted by /u/FlyingPhotog
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/eui6a7/working_on_a_highprotein_highveggie_lowcarb_diet/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...