Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: My start, and progress so far! (25lbs in 25 days)

Sunday, January 26, 2020

My start, and progress so far! (25lbs in 25 days)

Started January 1st (along with many, many others, lol).. I am now 25 days in, and have gone from 295lbs to 270lbs as of this morning.

I have been doing a combination of intermittent fasting, and calorie counting.

I eat between noon and 9pm (I had to find something that would fit into my schedule, and stopping at 8pm wasn't realistic).

I've been using the Lose It Premium app to track my calories.

I picked up a Fitbit charge 3, and have done my best to stay on my feet as much as possible.

I've also cut out all liquid calories, and 99% of junk food. Drinking nothing but water has been a major adjustment, but I've gotten pretty used to it. The difficult times come when I eat something that I used to eat with a soda. But so far, I have resisted the urges!

In the beginning I struggled to even come close to my recommended calories each day. I found that with the intermittent fasting it can be difficult to eat that many calories in a day. The first week I had dropped 12lbs, but it has slowed a lot since then as I learned how to fit the calories into each day.

My typical day has been something along the lines of a salad with chicken breast for lunch, and then dinner is usually a balanced plate of lean protein (chicken, fish, or extra lean ground beef), a random vegetable, and a potato or rice. On top of that, I've been snacking on dry cereal, and almonds mostly.

Previous to January 1st I was eating a large bag of chips and at least 2 cans of pop every night while I sat and did nothing but watch tv or surf the net. That basically capped off my 4 to 5k calorie day.. Every day.

I haven't started working out yet. But I will soon. The sad thing is, I have a gym membership, and a home gym (treadmill, bench press, squat rack, exercise bike, and tons of free weights). I just haven't had the motivation to use it.

I decided about mid December to start making some changes for my long term health. As stupid as it sounds, it was a random YouTube video that pushed me over the edge. The one thing that I can't get out of my head though - one of the guys asked, "you need to decide! Are you eating to live, or living to eat?".

I was definitely eating because things taste good, and not for sustenance.

I hope this is helpful, or atleast motivation for others, and am happy to answer any questions (I am far from a pro here, but I'll do my best).

submitted by /u/RandomThrower998855
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/eug9oo/my_start_and_progress_so_far_25lbs_in_25_days/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...