Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: How/When to prepare for skin removal surgery?

Monday, January 27, 2020

How/When to prepare for skin removal surgery?

Hello, I am approaching the end of my journey, well at least the dropping weight portion of of the journey, so I have been starting to think about the possibility of wanting skin removal surgery in the future.
Details about me, I am a 5'7 male, age 27 and back in 2016 I peaked weight wise at about 400lbs, as of today I am at 170lbs, however with that I have noticed the loose skin is starting to hit me pretty hard. My goal is to lose about 25lbs more.

Right now my thought process is to spend the next 6 months getting to my desired weight and then spend another year working out focusing on resistance training as to help with the skin as much as possible. I was hoping to ask a list of questions though.

  1. How early should you start getting serious about skin removal surgery, as in contacted doctors and getting consultations.
  2. Should I meet with some kind of weight loss expert first or do I just go ahead and reach out to a practice that specializes in body contouring.
  3. Is a year long enough to know about how much loose skin I am going to end up with and how much it will bounce back.
  4. Is it an ok idea to get it done piece wise, say arm then thigh etc, or is it just better to get it all done with at once?
  5. How did people handle that with work, is this something you can use a medical leave for or because its elective are you just kinda on your own?
submitted by /u/Acexx37
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/euygya/howwhen_to_prepare_for_skin_removal_surgery/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...