Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: My Scale Dropped Below 200 lbs!!!!

Thursday, January 30, 2020

My Scale Dropped Below 200 lbs!!!!

A goal of mine for my year working abroad was to finally lose weight. I have always been overweight since I was a child and have gone through periods of minor success before, but never really got anywhere with it. While I am not sure about my ultimate goal weight (I am thinking somewhere around the 185 range) a major milestone I set was to get under 200 lbs. The blessed Onederland!! I have arrived!! I know that my weight will fluctuate and I am a little cautious until it stays steadily below 200 for an entire week. Even though I just barely dipped below (199.7) I still can't believe I made it this far. Hitting this milestone makes me feel like anything is possible. Across the past 5 months of my most successful weightloss (and from previous attempts) I have learned the following things:

  • Take. It. Slow. You need to make small changes that you can sustain for a lifetime. Start with very small changes and add new ones every week or so. All of it accumulates and you end up accomplishing a lot without burning out early on

  • Be patient and kind to yourself. Proper weight loss takes time. I found myself wishing it would hurry up, but I also want to keep the weight off. Sometimes I would search 'how many weeks until XX date' and in my head think, "Ok if I take it slow and steady I could have lost a minimum of that many pounds by then" I have learned to forgive myself and not let bad days let me spiral and give up.

  • Find fun ways to be active. I love going on walks and listening to podcasts, music, and calling friends. Now this basic fitness is part of my normal routine. I would love to try fitness classes, but my Korean isn't good enough yet to feel comfortable navigating that just yet.

Some resources I found really helpful:

  • NPR Lifekit: Really great health focused episodes that helped me reframe my mentality about weightloss and some very practical advice https://www.npr.org/tags/796672286/life-kit-health

  • Nike Training App (IOS): There are a ton of different guided workouts across levels, muscle groups, and equiptment needs. There are a lot of great body weight workouts.

  • Happy Scale (IOS): Seeing trends across daily weigh ins really helps me stay grounded and motivated.

  • Couch to 5k: The apps (IOS and Android) make following the program very easy. Also there is an amazing and supportive subreddit r/C25K on here. I highly recommend delaying running. I HATE running. So I started with walking and once I was up to an hour a day for a little over a month I started the C25K program again. I have done it in the past and this time around I wanted to take it very slow. Instead of doing it in the standard 9 weeks, I have repeated each week. So it will take me around 18 weeks to finish. Compared to the last time I did the 9 week standard route, I have been feeling a lot stronger taking it slower.

submitted by /u/Half_a_Gestalt
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ewipib/my_scale_dropped_below_200_lbs/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...