Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: NSV: Controlled the cupcake catastrophe.

Sunday, January 26, 2020

NSV: Controlled the cupcake catastrophe.

My daughter always gets an awesome cupcake platter from a family friend for her birthday as her "cake" and always gets a ton of extra cupcakes with it. My record low was eating 23 (twenty three) cupcakes out of the batch over the course of a week. As a quick estimation, that's about 8,000 calories.

This year, I ate... TWO cupcakes and damn I feel amazing about it.

Main solution: asked for fewer cupcakes. Secondary solution: stayed active and involved throughout the party, so I really didn't have time to stop and stuff more in my face. Tertiary: verbally declared to my wife that I would only have one cupcake. Yeah, I had two, but I didn't have 23.

Thinking I'm far enough along to resist the urge to binge eat has been a recurring problem for me, and I've learned that the only thing that works for me is to put up as many barriers as possible.

It's almost like I have to sabotage myself... To prevent myself from sabotaging myself. There's always a moment of brief disappointment (like: ugh, I really want more cupcakes, but there's only enough left for the kids!) but it's immediately followed by a feeling of a tiny triumph.

submitted by /u/Dad_Quest
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/euj9w2/nsv_controlled_the_cupcake_catastrophe/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...