Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Down 204 to 157-ish, plateauing HARD :/ But I'm also working out a lot and eating 100-150g of protein a day. Am I just gaining muscle as fast as I'm losing weight? Advice would be fantastic! (Pics linked)

Sunday, January 26, 2020

Down 204 to 157-ish, plateauing HARD :/ But I'm also working out a lot and eating 100-150g of protein a day. Am I just gaining muscle as fast as I'm losing weight? Advice would be fantastic! (Pics linked)

Hey all!

First of all, thanks for all the great resources and inspiration here.

So, I started my loss back in September at 194 - I had a goal of hitting 165 by Christmas. I hit it on 12-18 easily!

But now I have a problem. I've been stuck hovering between 157 and 160 for almost all of January.

My current plan is to lose 2 to 2.4lbs a week, and I've been averaging 2.2lbs lost a week, so I'm right on track. I have my calorie goal set at 750 right now (I'm 5'5" and male, so I know it should be probably 1300~ minimum) and I usually go over, my daily average is generally 1000-1400 depending on the week. In all of this, the lowest daily average I've hit was 840 and that was a week where I was very sick and didn't eat much.

I haven't had any issues with sleep, soreness, feeling groggy, fatigue, etc. and I've felt fantastic for the past 4 months since I've started this, so I'm not looking for "You're eating far too few calories!" comments please :)

I just don't know how to break this plateau. I rock climb for 1.5-3 hours two to four times a week (and I never log that for my calories) and I average 110g of protein a day, mostly from chicken, greek yogurt, and Isopure protein shakes. So I'm also wondering if I'm not really plateauing, I'm just putting on muscle as fast as I'm losing fat. My stomach is shrinking considerably, but I still have some loose flab (no loose skin thankfully! :D). My arms are getting bigger (Like, I legitimately have visible arm muscle now!) too.

If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it. My main goal in all of this is to lose the stomach and get lean. I don't care as much about being muscley (yet), so maybe I need to lay off the protein and climb less and just let the diet get rid of the fat, and then bulk up afterwards? This is new territory to me. I haven't been below 160 since high school.

submitted by /u/huckler
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/eugnac/down_204_to_157ish_plateauing_hard_but_im_also/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...