Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: No motivation the second time around

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

No motivation the second time around

Hello again /r/loseit! I was fairly active on here a few years ago when I started my weight loss journey but unfortunately I’m back again looking for motivation and support as this sub was amazing back then.

A bit of background: I lost about 40 lbs (170-130) in 2017, and maintained that from about mid 2017-mid 2018 while toning up. Then an injury and a breakup led me to a downward spiral and I went back up to 140 lbs by the beginning of 2019. Over the course of 2019 between a cross country move, ANOTHER injury, and a new job I’m back up to 153 and back to all my old habits like binge eating and not being active.

Honestly I’m so frustrated with myself. The worst part isn’t even the weight gain, it’s that I can’t find the motivation this time around to change. Back in 2017 I really wanted to get healthy and learned all the science of CICO and started meal prepping and exercising a lot. Now three years later I feel like I’m back where I started but I just care less. I look in the mirror and hate what I see but I can’t find the motivation to actually stick to CICO. I’m conscious of what I eat now even though I wasn’t before but it’s like I don’t care. Oh that pasta is 200 calories vs spaghetti squash that’s 50? Oh well, whatever. Oh I’m injured and haven’t been able to work out for four months? Eh, it’s fine. I admit part of this discouragement may be due to my injuries but if I’m being honest even in between when I was doing better I still couldn’t find the same motivation to be strict with my diet. It just got to the point it was exhausting to think about and easier to just eat.

Sorry for the long rant, I’m feeling very frustrated and like none of the motivating techniques I had the first time around are working. The long point of this being, I remember this sub being incredibly helpful my first time around. Any advice for getting that motivation back from those who have back spiraled and gained weight back? Relatedly any advice (beyond just CICO) for weight loss when you can’t workout?

TLDR; gained half my hard earned weight loss back, feeling very discouraged and unmotivated this time around and looking for advice

submitted by /u/resa41
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/evzfa9/no_motivation_the_second_time_around/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...