Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: How will my weight loss journey change when I stop breastfeeding?

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

How will my weight loss journey change when I stop breastfeeding?

I gained a lot of weight when I was pregnant. I mean A LOT. I ( 28 years old, 5 ft 4) went from 160 lbs to 230 lbs in those 9 months. Some of the weight gain was extreme water retention (not only did my ankles swell, but my calves up to my knees did too) but most of it was indulging my wild pregnancy cravings (two of my biggest cravings were fried chicken and ice cream). I have always struggled with impulse control when it comes to food but pregnancy made it so much worse. By some miracle, despite my eating habits and weight gain, I had a healthy pregnancy without complications.

After I gave birth, a lot of the water weight went away. I lost 30 lbs (though I assume a third of that weight was my daughter and after birth) within a few weeks. My weight stayed at about 200 lbs but I was still hitting the sweets pretty hard.

I decided I needed to get my act together because I didn't want to fall into bad eating habits that I would pass on to my daughter. That, coupled with the fact that I saw a picture of myself from before I got pregnant, motivated me to want to lose weight and get back to my pre-pregnancy weight.

I started after Christmas and wanted to keep it simple. I cut out all deserts and started eating more fruits and veggies. I thought this would just be a first step but I managed to lose over 10 lbs in 3 weeks doing only that. I think this rapid weight loss is thanks in part to breastfeeding. I read once that you can burn up to 500 calories a day if you breastfeed.

I still plan on breastfeeding for a while (my daughter is only 5 months old) but I am worried that I will gain the weight back or plateau when the time comes to stop.

Are there any other moms out there who have gone through this? How did you have to adjust your diet after you stopped breastfeeding?

submitted by /u/PaleMomma
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/evxcq5/how_will_my_weight_loss_journey_change_when_i/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...