Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Losing my uncle to obesity this week was the reality check I didn’t realize how much I needed

Sunday, January 26, 2020

Losing my uncle to obesity this week was the reality check I didn’t realize how much I needed

The title speaks for itself, but here I am. At 22 years old, I watched my uncle eat his life away for the entirety of my life until ultimately his body completely gave out on him this week at 55 years old at around 550lbs.

my history: From 18-19 years old I struggled with an ED (starvation) that resulted in me getting very physically ill with tunnel vision on getting the scale to be in the “healthy weight range.” After years of therapy, proper mental health treatment, and a mood stabilizer, I finally feel like I can handle bettering my physical health and losing weight, I gained back it all and then some.

my goals: My current BMI is 40.5 and my goal is to lose 25% of my body weight to get a weight where my body has previously felt it’s most healthy, which is technically above the healthy weight range. My timeline is about 6 months, but is that too unrealistic?

my plan: - keto (i’ve created several meal plans and recipes that are modified from foods i currently like) - weekly weight goals, this method has worked before for me and keeps me on track - b12 shots and potential appetite suppressant, this part has me nervous, but I know what it can kick start my results to keep me motivated - not being so goddamn hard on myself, loving my body in its current state and reminding myself that I’m doing this to FEEL better, and not to drastically modify my appearance

Any support and tips to stay on track I would greatly appreciate 💗

submitted by /u/vvvthrifty
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/eufk4s/losing_my_uncle_to_obesity_this_week_was_the/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...