Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: [Rant] I'm so tired of what alcohol does to my body

Monday, January 27, 2020

[Rant] I'm so tired of what alcohol does to my body

I've been on this weight loss journey for about a year now, and never really slowed down my drinking. In college (just graduated) I would drink 1-2 nights a week and have maybe 3-6 drinks those nights. I would just count the night of drinking as a loss, log an approximate number of calories, and accept that my weight would go up in the morning. I knew that in the long run I would still be losing, because I was. I slowly but steadily lost weight over the course of 3 months. Then, when I got within 10 lbs of my goal weight got lazy about my eating habits and started plateauing.

Now I'm finally back to losing again (more strict about calories and exercising regularly), and realizing how significantly alcohol is slowly down my pace. When I weigh myself after a night of drinking, my weight sometimes goes up by 5lbs. I know it's mostly water weight, and from all the salty snacks (pizza, chips, etc.) I consume when drunk, but it takes up to a week for my weight to normalize. It's a frustrating feeling to know that my whole week is spent getting myself back to where I started.

Also, I can't drink without consequence anymore. I'm only in my early 20s but I've started having all day nausea and hangovers the day after a night of heavy drinking. And it's hard to make good food choices when you feel like shit and just want to eat rolls of crackers.

I don't think I'm ready to cut it out completely - drinking is a big part of spending time with friends and going on dates for me (dating is a whole other struggle in my life but alcohol makes it slightly more comfortable for me). I do think I need to set myself a limit, though. Maybe 2 drinks max per night - not enough where I will think eating a big slice of pizza is somehow a good idea. And not enough to send me over my TDEE.

Anyway, just my rant but happy to know others' experience with this or any tips to cut down.

submitted by /u/tech_deck_dude
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ev06nr/rant_im_so_tired_of_what_alcohol_does_to_my_body/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...