Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Why the double standards?

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Why the double standards?

I was a fat kid, all the way through high school. In university I started to understand food and activity levels, and got into cycling. Over the years I’ve lost a lot of weight and sometimes put a bit back on. For a period of about 18 months in my 20s I tracked every calorie in and out, lost a lot of weight and learnt a lot.

Through cycling I’ve managed to stay at a healthy weight for the last 10 years or so (mid to upper end of healthy BMI range), but in the last 6 months I’ve made an effort to get to lose a few more kilos and get to the lower end of the healthy weight range (currently 12%BF at 181cm and 72kg). As a cyclist a lot of my friends are lean, and very few are overweight.

The issue I have is that some friends have commented on my weight loss, eg “please don’t lose more weight”, or “you got so skinny”, while those same people have said about themselves “I’m trying but I can’t lose weight”, etc.

I’m sure it’s been discussed here before, but why do people feel it’s OK to decide what other’s weight should be, especially if within a healthy range?

submitted by /u/bogusjimmy
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/evw884/why_the_double_standards/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...