Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I love myself more than chocolate

Sunday, January 26, 2020

I love myself more than chocolate

I’ve always been overweight since childhood. The biggest problem for me is food. I’m very active and I love healthy food. However, I love sweets especially chocolate and pastries. I can eat very healthy but I could never say no to the desserts.

But then I changed my perspective. Discipline is self love! I love myself and I want to keep myself happy and healthy therefore why succumb to the whim of a short term pleasure? FOOD IS NOT A REWARD. Food is just a fuel to keep the body running.

Every time I feel the urge to eat a brownie or a cookie, I meditate my mantra: “I love myself more than this cookie.” This has kept me from losing control and eating 10 cookies at once. Either I don’t pick up the cookie or I eat just one with self control.

It’s been 6 months since I decreased my sugar intake and now I don’t even crave it. When I do eat it, it’s not as satisfying. It almost feels like I defeated an addiction. I also lost 15 lbs.

submitted by /u/matangadijolachanga
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/euie0w/i_love_myself_more_than_chocolate/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...