Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Pictures from a year ago are freaking me out. How about you? Also, vacation bounce victory!

Thursday, September 2, 2021

Pictures from a year ago are freaking me out. How about you? Also, vacation bounce victory!

I (M48 - SW 405 - CW 268 - GW 240) spent a little more than a year concentrating on my physical and mental health and made a lot of headway in a good direction. I had a few pics on my phone of me in my heavier state to show people because I was proud of what I accomplished. I love my family and all we do together, so I have digital displays everywhere that show pics from that day in the past. For the past month, I've been bombarded with family pics of me from the past few years. At first, I was damn! but after a week, it was having a little of the opposite effect. I've gotten over it after a few weeks. Then one showed up today that made me look like I was a certain bad guy in an Austin Power movie. I was a touch conflicted about that pic, but my daughter is in it with me, so I want to keep it. Anyone else ever have these feelings? What direction did you take?

Also, 2 weeks ago my family went on vacation for 8 days to a place where the food is just amazing and part of the whole experience. Originally the person who made the plans booked AYCE dinners almost every night. Luckily, the other people in the fam who are working on ourselves got that reduced to 2 with no push back. It was an active vacation with 30K steps a day and I just kept walking every chance I got while the diet was suspended but still in the back of my head. First morning home, I was 15 pounds heavier than the day we left. Needless to say, I was not happy. I was expecting half that. Thinking of past vacations, they were a time where I would relax too much and not get back to the routine. I didn't let that happen this time. I got right back at it and lost that 15 in 10 days. I didn't work too hard, because I was sore. I just got back to the routine. It's like my body just wanted to dump that weight. Hopefully this will get me past that plateau I hit a week before we left. Whatever it is, I'm glad that I was able to compartmentalize the vacation diet from my everyday life and not let a week of vacation snacking be a permanent change.

submitted by /u/Micubano
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/pgv8es/pictures_from_a_year_ago_are_freaking_me_out_how/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...