Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Unhealthy advice (RANT!)

Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Unhealthy advice (RANT!)

Has anyone else noticed that some people are giving some extremely unhealthy advice on here? I had a terrible eating disorder for most of my life that was almost fatal, and I see people recommending the very things that landed me in the hospital a few years ago. Thankfully, I recovered and am always in the gym and on top of my nutrition now. It just seems like some people don’t know that changing your diet very drastically can easily lead to disordered eating and telling someone that eating 1000 calories or more below maintenance is always a good thing when it isn’t always sustainable (it isn’t for most people). I even saw someone say that you need to walk an entire 5K per day on top of going to the gym for 1-2 hours a day to lose weight (not the best or most sustainable thing for non-athletes or gym rats). I feel very bad for people who are coming here for advice and leaving with things that could potentially be very harmful. I have very minimally posted on this subreddit and everyone I’ve encountered has been amazing and extremely helpful, but I still see very unhealthy advice. Has anyone else seen/experienced this? I understand that different things work for different people but there is a very fine line between changing your diet and falling into very bad/dangerous eating habits, regardless of your size. Your health should always come first. I guess I’m also encouraging people to also get second opinions from a trustworthy doctor since your medical history determines what your plan should be the most.

submitted by /u/bigstinkylizard
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/pyamgm/unhealthy_advice_rant/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...