Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Hitting the Breaking Point (Literally)

Thursday, September 30, 2021

Hitting the Breaking Point (Literally)

35M 6'3 365lbs

Long time creeper, first time poster.

Hi everyone, I really think I need to start putting my weight and health as my main priority. I've always been the big guy and my weight has never really impacted my health in a meaningful way, yet. In fact, in a way, it's always been kind of my 'persona'. I live in an asian country and I would say 99% of the time I'm the biggest man in the room, both in terms of height and weight. To some extent, it was nice being that way, even if I do get some odd looks from some of the locals.

The last year and a half has been hard on me, as I'm sure it has been for everyone. Lot's of sitting, lots of unhealthy snacks, a failed relationship and business. I think I put on another 50-60 lbs, but I don't know for sure, as I avoid the scale as much as possible.

I know as I get older, my weight and health will eventually catch up to me.

These days it's more cosmetic and a pain in the butt than anything. It's hard to find nice looking clothes that fit me, im pretty much relegated to wearing one style or hip hop style cause the "big man" stores in my country don't carry much variety.

In the last month, I've broken two office chairs. My original one, and the replacement. It's kind of embarrassing.

Today I was doing my yearly physical. I literally broke the scale. The nurses never seen anything like it. I was so embarrassed. I don't want to feel this way again.

Being a man in my 30's, I know I can never get down to my college weight, but I would like to lose 100+ lbs with a timeline of 1-2 years. I always put it off, "Ill start tomorrow" "I don't like to start new habits at the end of the month" "I'll start when the weather improves." I'm done with that bullshit, I'm starting now, I need to put myself and my health first.

I know I need to consult a doctor, I just posted her for a kind of accountability. Thanks to anyone who read this far and I wish you all the best of luck of your journeys too.

submitted by /u/SaltyMathimagician
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/pyz6ss/hitting_the_breaking_point_literally/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...