Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Please help me understand if this is possible

Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Please help me understand if this is possible

I'm struggling to understand why it's considered unhealthy to lose more than 2 lbs a week.

My understanding is that the CICO method is to have a daily deficit in calories consumed if the goal is to lose weight.

So let's say I aim to achieve the deficit through diet only, without taking into consideration calories burned while exercising. Wouldn't that result in losing more than 2 lbs?

For example, let's assume my calories intake to maintain my current weight is 2600 calories. So to lose 2 lbs, I would need to consume no more than 1600 calories a day (1000 cals deficit). Theoretically, this alone should result in me losing 2 lbs a week. Now if I also add exercising to the mix where I'd burn around 500 calories a day, this would result in losing an additional pound a week with a total of 3 lbs a week. From what I've been reading, it's considered unhealthy/unmaintainable to lose more than 2 lbs a week.

I'm trying to figure out why that's not maintainable. As long as I achieve my 1000 cals deficit through dieting, and exercising would just be a bonus, shouldn't it be OK to lose more than 2 lbs a week?

submitted by /u/throwaway_mcghee12
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/pyaixa/please_help_me_understand_if_this_is_possible/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...