Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Next time you catch yourself overeating PAUSE and THINK.

Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Next time you catch yourself overeating PAUSE and THINK.

Just stop for a second. Put your utensils down. Ask yourself how your stomach is feeling. Ask yourself if you’re satiated yet. Do you really need a second serving or do you just want to keep tasting the food?

I started doing this last month and although I don’t weigh myself my clothes are getting looser. I would just be eating and eating like a robot, not even processing what was happening.

I made a delicious chickpea and chicken curry tonight with rice. I ate one serving and then I automatically got up and got another serving. I don’t even know why. Suddenly, while I was eating the second portion I snapped out of my daze and realized I wasn’t even hungry anymore. I wasn’t hungry when I filled the bowl back up, yet I still did it.

This is why I’m overweight, this is the difference between me and my slim friends. I would estimate that the rest of food left in the bowl adds up to around 450 calories. That’s 450 calories I was about to sit there and eat on autopilot for no reason.

You have to make a conscious effort to listen to your body. I believe obesity partly comes from not being in tune with your body and not understanding its signals. If it means you can’t eat while you’re watching tv or looking at your phone, so be it.

submitted by /u/paninichef
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/pxmjm3/next_time_you_catch_yourself_overeating_pause_and/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...