Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Anyone struggle with knowing how big your body actually is?

Sunday, October 25, 2020

Anyone struggle with knowing how big your body actually is?

Ok so I will try and word this best I can!

But obviously I have been quite large my entire life, pretty much always a size 18-24. When I try on 18’s in some stores, obviously the sizes are different so some fit and some don’t, but in terms of body size I just can’t wrap my head around how big I am.

Especially when a much thinner friend, maybe size 8/10, borrowed my rain coat, HOLY SH*T did it swamp her!!! It was almost down to her knees, she’s the same height as me. The sleeves were past her hands and she could wrap it across her body like a big dressing gown.

Now when I wear it, I can just about zip it up if I have a jumper on, and it barely covers my ass. I didn’t realise that clothes sizes were that different.

I went int a store the other day and held up two T-shirts side by side to try and visualise it, so my size 20 and a size 12, and there is quite a difference. I just can’t ever see myself being that small

I never wanted to do this journey to be skinny, I just want to be healthy, definitely not bothered about what clothing size I end up, I just wanna be able to go up a flight of stairs and not have to have a seat.

Will my brain and eyes start to see myself as smaller when I lose a chunk of weight?

I’m 29.1lbs / 13.2kg down and I haven’t gone down a dress size yet, and don’t feel any smaller

I really hope this makes sense! Does anyone else feel the same? Or have you felt it but managed to get past it and see the light 😂

TL;DR - i have lost almost 30lbs and I don’t feel any smaller yet. When did you start to drop a dress size or see yourself a bit smaller in the mirror?

EDIT. - I have been taking progress photos along the way and taking measurements and I can SEE it on paper that I’m losing inches and my photos are different, my brain just isn’t registering it 😂

submitted by /u/bentocrossing
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ji2qmt/anyone_struggle_with_knowing_how_big_your_body/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...