Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: 3 months in: I have lost 20 lbs!!!

Sunday, October 25, 2020

3 months in: I have lost 20 lbs!!!

Hi, I'm 20F, 5'3, SW: 209 lbs, CW: 189lbs, GW: 121 lbs. I joined this sub back in March when I wanted to lose weight and have my "transformation" before lockfown restrictions lifted. I was 205 lbs and started with exercise twice a day, 6 days a week and I also went from eating 2500 calories a day to 1200. I cut out all the "bad" foods cold turkey. Essentially, I tried to do too many things too quickly.

Well, two weeks in, I was injured and I couldn't exercise for a week. This sent my perfectionist mind into a spiral and I gave up trying to keep up with calorie tracking. I continued this behavior till July when I started to feel my chest hurting. My father had a heart attack when he was in his late thirties and more recently my grandmother too, escaped death narrowly due to the same. So naturally, I assumed the worst and thought that I was having a heart attack. But I was so scared to alarm my parents that I didn't tell them and just went to sleep, fully believing that I was not going to wake up the next morning. But (luckily) I did, and I told my sister (a doctor) about this. She had me checked and told that I had had a panic attack the other day. I had also gained 4 lbs from my starting weight in March.

This was the 'click' moment for me. So, on 25 July, 2020 I started my fitness journey. Having learnt from my mistakes, I started small. Started at 2000 calories per day and reduced about a hundred calories every fortnight. I also started light cardio 3 times a week for 20 minutes.

Three months later, I eat 1450 calories per day and walk 10k steps everyday and weigh 20 pounds lighter!! This is a huge achievement for me as I have never committed this long to get healthy. I already feel so much better, both physically and mentally and I know now that no amount of fast food can ever make me feel this way!

I'm sorry for such a long post but I'm just so happy with my journey so far! I know that it is nowhere near my goal weight but what matter is that I'm so far from my starting weight. Thank you for reading and good luck everyone!! You can do it!!

TL;DR: I had a health scare, got my shit together and lost 20 pounds.

submitted by /u/Ephie3200
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/jhr7vb/3_months_in_i_have_lost_20_lbs/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...