Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Avoiding loose skin - weight loss / question

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Avoiding loose skin - weight loss / question

I am very overweight and have a lot of weight to lose. One thing I am concerned about, and I know this is just aesthetic, is loose skin.

I've seen pictures of bodybuilders who have lost a large amount of weight, had loose skin while they were thin, and built muscle that somehow tightened up the skin.

So my question is - should I get to that point in my fitness journey where I minimize body fat and have loose skin, and THEN build muscle?

OR...

Should I cut weight until loose skin STARTS to appear, build muscle to fill it in in, and repeat until I am lean and muscular?

I don't want to try the first approach and build muscle that does not fill in the loose skin or cause it to tighten. And I'm not sure if the second method would be effective. But the former is what I've seen works.

TL;DR

In short, I am overweight and my goal is to build a lean, muscular physique and minimize loose skin. So what method / order of burning fat and building muscle would be most effective?

Bonus question: Do you have any personal anecdotes of yourself or someone else who has lost weight, dealt with loose skin and tightened it? Please, do tell. I would not be insecure about having loose skin, but I would prefer not to.

All responses are highly appreciated and I want to say my sincere thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/A_Long_Time_Lurker_
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/i08y4r/avoiding_loose_skin_weight_loss_question/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...