Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: 🐢Call me Tortuga... My journey has taken about 4 years... Still proud though

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

🐢Call me Tortuga... My journey has taken about 4 years... Still proud though

Was feeling down about my progress these past few weeks...I got this! Just wish Impala Rollerskates restocked already... 😂 Strive for progress and not perfection!

So my story is a little different than most. I’ve been overweight for as long as I could remember. Throw in some childhood trauma and low self esteem and I was a recipe for disaster. I turned to food for comfort and let’s be honest here, who doesn’t love pizza? After HS, I gained about 80 lbs and I just felt defeated. I neglected myself and it came to a point that my MD suggested I get some sort of WLS. He told me I had an a1c of 12.4 at 28 years old. I wouldn’t make it to 40 as harsh as that sounded. I needed medical intervention. So on 04/19/16 I had gastric sleeve and of course the weight fell off. Within a year I lost 80 lbs. I was starting to feel good about myself and slowly but surely I got comfortable again and started making bad choices again. Fast forward to May of last year I had to give Keto a shot. I regained 40 lbs from my lowest weight. I was super ashamed of myself. I didn’t want to end up regaining all my weight back. Especially, with the stigma I had about having to get medical intervention to lose. I lost 8 lbs that first week and I’m proud to say that I’ve lost about 50 lbs since then. Keto is so easy for me to maintain and of course I have a treat here and there but i feel like I’m in a different state of mind. My mental clarity has improved drastically and I’m no longer on any medication for my blood pressure and my a1c is at a 6. I am super thankful for this community and It’s resources! I have about 30 more lbs to go and I am determined this time around! Thanks for listening!

https://imgur.com/gallery/r8pYH7x

submitted by /u/Sandra86says
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/hztoee/call_me_tortuga_my_journey_has_taken_about_4/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...