Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I’m taking a break....

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

I’m taking a break....

I started my fitness journey in January. Didn’t really lose any weight until I started CICO in May. Have lost 15 pounds 155>140. For the record I’m 5’3/F. Right now I’ve been sitting at 140 for 2 weeks, and I’m feeling DISCOURAGED.

Two weeks ago I was feeling great, steadily losing weight. It felt so easy. I was doing then the same thing I’m doing now, eating 1500 calories a day and working out 5x a week.

Now I’m at a plateau and it feels so difficult. I feel burned out. I’ve also been grinding hard on some of my other personal goals while also trying to lose weight, and pursuing both has been an immense effort. But these past few weeks have been really hard. I haven’t missed a single workout since April and I’m still going strong, but I reaaallly had to hype myself up to go for a run on Monday. I almost didn’t.

And the most difficult thing is that I have been experiencing the most immense hunger !!! I’ve been eating over my calorie budget every single day this week—I’m still in a deficit, but I am going over my target. I’m not binging, but I literally can’t stop thinking about food all day. One hour after finishing a 600kcal meal I’m already thinking about the next. It’s becoming so distracting because this upcoming month is really crunch time for my other life goals, but all I can seem to fixate on is FOOD :((. And before I eat anything, I always ask myself “am I hungry or just bored and looking for a distraction?” In the past the answer would be the latter, but now it’s just that I’m so hungry!!! I drink 8 oz of water, wait 1/2 an hour, do some stretches.....and I still feel hungry so I just eat the food. For example today after dinner I was still feeling hungry, so I had apples and peanut butter afterwards. I’m still hungry right now but it’s getting late and I’d rather just go to bed. The apples put me over my limit, but I felt like I needed it.

Idk where I’m going with this, I could go on and on about my recent bout with hunger, but I’m just so frustrated!! Many people my height are losing on 1200 a day, and 1500 is a struggle for me !! I also have upped my protein game big time recently, but I’m still hungry. I was feeling so satiated on 1500 a month ago. According to (my) science (with absolutely no research or evidence) I should feel even MORE satiated now that I’m at a lower weight :(. It really could just be that I’m going to start my period any day now, but I’ve never experienced period symptoms like this.

But instead of making myself suffer through this bout of hunger and fixate on food while I fall behind on my other goals, I’m choosing to take a break. I told myself I would have a maintenance break once I hit 130, but I think I’ll have to take this one 10 lbs premature. I’ll still work out and track my calories, but I’ll allow myself to go however much over budget I feel necessary. I’m hoping that this week long break will help me reset and get back on track. Who knows maybe I’ll get lucky and put on some muscle.

If you guys have any advice/think this is a good idea, please let me know. Your input really helps!

submitted by /u/PermitNo672
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/i0e6qb/im_taking_a_break/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...