Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Cheat Meal Reflection (My Stomach Still Hurts!)

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Cheat Meal Reflection (My Stomach Still Hurts!)

Typical lurker, first time poster. This sub has given me the motivation and determination to lose the weight. I'm posting this to share my tension (and small victories) with my first cheat meal, and hear about other peoples' experiences with cheat meals.

I've always been concerned that a cheat meal would ruin any progress and would through my developing habits off track. But I'm sure as many of you can relate to, I couldn't say never to crap food. I knew that if I didn't incorporate a cheat meal/less strict day, I'd give up.

So I scheduled my first cheat meal for after 5 days straight of healthy eating. It doesn't sound like much, but I was previously eating take out/fast food daily or every other day. I've been doing well with vibrant, low calorie, high volume, healthy meals sticking to 1200-1500 calories daily depending on exertion levels for the day.

So there I am, high as a kite when there's actually wind, mindlessly ordering my usual from a burger joint. (My usual is a burger, large fry, and sometimes milkshake). I scroll through reddit for another hour, smoke more, and when my food arrives, I swallow everything whole in less than 15 minutes.

Instant guilt, instant regret.

I felt disgusting, greasy, out of control, and my stomach felt like a balloon about to burst.

However, this time, I didn't let that "meal" turn into giving up. After letting my stomach settle a bit, I went for a long walk (which I normally do but skipped for the day). My stomach still feels like it was stretched to far, but I know I can bounce back from a mistake. It might seem so insignificant, but I was always stuck in the all of nothing mindset. I used to binge food and then binge netflix because I always let one mistake define me. Now I know that if I feel I overdid it with food, I can add in some exercise. I know it doesn't totally negate the mistake, but it means that I'm still moving forward. I also now know that I physically cannot eat my usual for a cheat meal, and that I can be totally satisfied and even stuffed with half the amount of food for a cheat meal. It also tells me that I'm growing accustomed to healthy food in smaller portions, and that even just in terms of quantity and quality of food, I'm improving my lifestyle.

What's your relationship with the cheat meal? Thanks for listening!

submitted by /u/chlorinerinse
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/hzua01/cheat_meal_reflection_my_stomach_still_hurts/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...