Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: How to encourage husband (6'4" 330lbs) to take weight loss seriously?

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

How to encourage husband (6'4" 330lbs) to take weight loss seriously?

My husband and I are in our late twenties. He has been morbidly obese since his childhood, though he is otherwise healthy. He is quite strong for minimal-to-no strength training (DL 200lbs). He has never been a big fan of cardio, though he acknowledges it's benefits. He cannot run/jog. At the beginning of quarantine we would take 1-2 mile walks around the neighborhood that would wind him. We occasionally stretch together before bed.

He is beginning to experience joint issues, specifically a chronic hairline fracture. He has acknowledged that his weight is an aggravating factor (imo the reason it hasn't healed). I have pointed out to him that issues like this are going to become more frequent and severe because he's "wearing his parts down" so much faster. We daydream about going on extensive backpacking trips, but he isn't capable of normal day-long hikes. I hate to say it but the weight has slowly grown repulsive to me. I still love him but it's difficult to be physically attracted to him now, even tho nothing has changed since we met!

I do the lions share of the cooking, and prefer vegetable heavy but tasty meals. I did gain weight as we moved in together, but have maintained my current body weight (5'10" 170lbs) since for several years now. I've even won him over on several meatless and vegan meals. But he just...snacks. And grubhubs tacobell several times a month. And just overeats when I'm not looking. I don't want to shame him. I know he's aware of it. I'm not a beacon of fitness either but at least I'm in a healthy weight range. But I don't know what to do.

But he has no interest in making a meaningful change to his diet or (non) exercise regimen. How...how do I get through to him that he will not be able to have the quality of life we daydream about if he stays this way? That he has to CHANGE his habits for him to stay healthy and capable. r/loseit do you have any advice?

submitted by /u/Sew_whats_up
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/i0fn4a/how_to_encourage_husband_64_330lbs_to_take_weight/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...