Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Bites! How do I stop the one habit that can override my progress?

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Bites! How do I stop the one habit that can override my progress?

I've been doing CICO and IF since mid-February and since then have lost 20 lbs. I have about 10 more to go until I reach my desired goal weight. I've learned a lot about nutrition and how I need to address the habits that make me not love my diet/my body. I've trained myself to listen to my hunger cues, decide if I really want to eat something or not, and eat when I'm hungry rather than when food just "sounds" good to me. However, there's one habit that's causing me stress and I don't know how to fix it:

Taking small bites/tastes of foods around me randomly.

Bites add up in calories, and while I've been successful in maintaining a deficit for the past few months, I want to get rid of this habit because some days I sleep wondering if I really did "dedicate" the extra calories I had left over to any bites / miscalculated foods I've had between my main meals, or if I didn't actually end up staying in my desired deficit. Or at least as low as I was hoping to be.

For some reason it's so difficult to open the fridge and not take tiny slivers of whatever open food in the tray beside me, before actually choosing the foods I want to take out. When I'm packing foods up, I can't help but take tiny slivers out of the pot. I try my absolute best to always log any bites of foods I take to the best of my ability, but it causes me so much uncertainty and I absolutely hate that I do this. Why am I so tempted to take tiny tiny pieces of food, even when I don't even want it?

Does anyone else struggle with this? How do I stop? It's so draining having to estimate how much each bite was worth, log it, and then say "screw it, I'm dedicating these leftover calories to those bites" and not even be sure if that's correct. I feel like once I stop this habit, I'll have good control over my food decisions.

submitted by /u/rumithegenie
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/hzqek3/bites_how_do_i_stop_the_one_habit_that_can/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...