Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Question about body measurements

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Question about body measurements

When talking about getting on the scales, something I’ve heard a lot, both here and elsewhere, is that around 1.5 pounds a week is a healthy pace for weight loss on average. Any more than that and it’s probably not super sustainable in the long run. I know of course that every body is different, but this seems a relatively popular logic.

The question I had was about applying this same type of logic to body measurements - in other words: is there an average amount of “inches lost” that can be considered a good pace?

I assume of course that if you have a higher bodyfat percentage, you have more inches to loose, so it would presumably have to be a rolling scale, maybe to the point where something like this isn’t possible, but I was just curious what other people found in their own health journeys, when it came to the “pace of inch-loss”.

Personally (m27), over a couple of years, I’ve dropped from 19 to 17 stone, but there have been many setbacks and plateaus in that time, and I only started body measurements 6 weeks ago when I signed up for the Jo Wicks 90 day plan. 6 weeks in, I’ve dropped 4 pounds to 16.10, but I’ve shifted from a 45.5 chest to a 42, same for waist, and a 44.5 hips to a 42. I’ve also gained about an inch and a half on my arms and roughly maintained on my legs.

How does that kind of pace compare to everyone else? Obviously, body measurements have a significant margin of error, but that’s roughly 3.5 inches in 6 weeks, or just a smidge under 0.6 inches per week.

As I say, I’m not trying to establish a hard and fast rule here, just curious?

submitted by /u/cronnyberg
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/hzbti0/question_about_body_measurements/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...