Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: My first run in the rain

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

My first run in the rain

Hello there! I've just come back from my morning run and I wanted to share this with you.

For most of my life, I regarded exercise as a burden. During quarantine, I hit the heaviest weight of my life and then something clicked. I decided I was going to rewire my brain and get healthy. For that, I needed to lose around 20kg, but I had made a choice.

I started taking care of what I was eating. I learned a lot about calories, nutrients, and a bit about biology. I made a routine in which my 8hs of sleep and my workouts were non-negotiable--meaning they HAD to be a part of my day for that amount of time. Then I started exercising, following my plan. I started to force myself to think that exercise was in itself the reward: not a dessert afterwards, not a weekend on the couch... My workout and the fun I have while doing it and all the good things that happen in my body because of it are a great reward.

With that mindset and a good dose of discipline, I managed to lose around 12kg of the 20 I had started with in two months. I have been really productive at work, I have been sleeping very well, I enjoy what I do and what I eat. Are there some negative thoughts? Always... But that will get me off topic for what I intended to write about today.

Because today, and I cannot believe I am actually able to say this in full honesty, I went for my morning jog despite the rain. I put on my raincoat and left. I took a commemorative picture halfway through, atop the hill I always go to, because it was such a special milestone for me.

A couple of months ago, if someone had told me that I would be getting up at 7 am everyday (which I by no means used to enjoy) to go RUNNING, of all things, and ON A RAINY DAY, I would have told them they had mistaken me for someone else.

And you know what? Probably they would have. Maybe I'm not the same person I was two months ago. But I'm certain of one thing: I'm doing better than I ever was.

Thank you for reading!

submitted by /u/BuffoonPrincess
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/hzwo0l/my_first_run_in_the_rain/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...