Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Can I (25F with scoliosis) do exercises to help with weight loss and build some muscle?

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Can I (25F with scoliosis) do exercises to help with weight loss and build some muscle?

Hello all, this is my first post in this sub. Hopefully this is the right place to ask and if not please direct me to the proper one. English isn't my native language so please excuse any mistakes.

I just started my (finally serious) weight loss journey at 11 May 2020. I'm doing CICO and OMAD. My stats are:

25F 143cm (4'8)

SW 54 kg (119 lbs)

CW 52.5 kg (115.7 lbs)

GW 40 kg (88 lbs)

Current TDEE 1,353 cal/day

(all imperial numbers were calculated using online converter, so please excuse any inaccuracies)

I want to start incorporate exercise into my day to help me lose weight and also to build some muscle but this is where it gets complicated.. I have severe grade scoliosis of 50T 70L (basically 50 degrees on my upper spine and 70 degrees on my lower). My doctor has strictly forbid me from doing any kind of weightlifting and any exercises that puts strain on my spine (ie. jumping, running) and maximum weight for any objects that I can carry is 5 kg (11 lbs). I'm also only allowed to jog for 100 m (328 ft) per day, so so far I'm only able to walk 3-5k everyday. I want to get to 10k but since walking for 5k already took me almost 3 hours, I can't spend any more time than this everyday.

I've asked my doctor about this but the only 'exercise' I'm allowed to do is certain yoga poses and he did said this is only for stretching and strengthening muscles around my spine so it won't curved more, and it won't help with weight loss. He did sent me to a nutritionist who gave me a 900 cal/day diet included with meal plan for 2 months, but tbh I only follow the 900cal/day and didn't follow the meal plan since the taste is bland and the food choice isn't to my liking and I know I'll give up if I keep forcing myself to follow it.

I want to ask:

  1. Is walking 3-5k per day is enough to help with weight loss?
  2. Is there any exercise that I can do to help me build muscles? I've done several bad weight loss attempt before (none of it works) that resulted in me losing a great amount of lean muscles. I'm not looking for a bodybuilder's kind of body, just to get fit and get more strength in my body (also to help so my scoliosis won't get any worse).
  3. I'll go back to 1200cal/day after 2 months but since my TDEE is 1300, isn't 1200 my maintenance? How can I lose weight with eating near my TDEE and only able to walk as exercise?
submitted by /u/aokagi
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/gudywj/can_i_25f_with_scoliosis_do_exercises_to_help/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...