Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Struggling with quarantine gain while everyone else is losing weight

Friday, May 29, 2020

Struggling with quarantine gain while everyone else is losing weight

Think I need some solidarity. Pre-quarantine I was burning an average of 3500 calories a day at 5’4”, 28F. Yes, I was the energizer bunny. Now, without my usual activities, I’m burning an average of 2300 on a good day, tracking via my Garmin.

I’m only up 3lb from my normal weight (127>130), but I’m really struggling mentally because it seems like everyone around me is losing weight because they started exercising seriously for the first time or began taking long walks and are just shedding pounds. I’m still getting in around 30-120m of cardio and/or strength training 5-6 days a week, but the scale keeps creeping up. Early in 2019, I dropped some post-surgical (Achilles tear) weight from 138>125, and I had maintained for a year with some solid muscle gains at 127.

I’m used to eating to satiety and it’s incredibly hard to deny myself food, when my norm is to let myself have treats after a healthy dinner or drink that extra glass of wine on a weekday because those calories didn’t matter before. I intentionally stopped eating 2nds for dinner, and work is crazy so I’m not even snacking much, but I just feel demoralized. My boyfriend has lost 12lb by eating anything he wants and working out the same amount as me.

Who feels the same way? What are you doing to maintain your mental health and your weight at the same time? While I don’t want to complain because 3lb are insignificant in the long run, it just doesn’t feel good and I don’t feel in control anymore.

submitted by /u/schnauzerface
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/gsn1zp/struggling_with_quarantine_gain_while_everyone/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...