Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: NSV: I don’t own any of the clothes that I had when I was at my heaviest

Saturday, May 30, 2020

NSV: I don’t own any of the clothes that I had when I was at my heaviest

SW: 336 CW: 260 GW: 199.9

Growing up I was always the big kid. The kid who was picked last during recess, the kid who huffed and puffed during the mile run, the kid who was the largest in the class by far. When I went to college and was on my own for the first time, I ate out 5-6 times a week, would lay for hours watching Netflix...overall an actual vegetable. I knew I wasn’t healthy but I didn’t think I was THAT bad. But I was. I never learned nutrition, I never learned about exercise, never learned how good to feels to nourish my body.

ANYWAYSS

I started getting healthy in June of 2017 but wasn’t healthy about it. I went to the gym for at least two hours a day seven days a week, ate maybe 1250 calories a day, and worshipped my scale. I was to the point where if I wasn’t losing a pound a day (yes a DAY) I felt disappointed.

After six weeks of this I was burnt out and found this sub. I learned how to live by “eat to live, don’t live to eat”. By making that my eating mantra plus making sustainable life changes like drinking a gallon of water a day (hard af at first but you get used to it) and making sure I got at least 7500 steps a day I managed to lose 75 pounds!!

Given I’ve lost the average weight of 100 cans of beer, all of my clothes are too big. Naturally I was super excited at first. I put them all in a bag in my living room where they sat for six months. I saw the bag every day but couldn’t make myself donate them. Why didn’t I take them to Goodwill or Salvation Army or any of the other 100 second hand stores in my city? Well it’s because it made me anxious. I was so scared I was going to gain the weight back even though I have been maintaining my current weight for about a year.

BUT TODAY I DID IT! I took them to Salvation Army! Every single shirt, dress, pants, jeans—they’re all gone and have slowly been replaced with clothes that fit me for now. I’m really proud of myself for finally taking the clothes out of my apartment. I still have a ways to go and I’m sure all of the clothes now will be donated one day as well.

So if you’re like me and anxious that you’ll gain the weight back and then have to buy bigger clothes again, just take the plunge! You’ve got this, my dude.

submitted by /u/imakeshoes_
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/gtpxx9/nsv_i_dont_own_any_of_the_clothes_that_i_had_when/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...