Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: [NSV] Sugar Makes Me Sick Now...

Saturday, May 30, 2020

[NSV] Sugar Makes Me Sick Now...

29/F

SW: 276 CW: 231 GW: 130

Today we celebrated my niece's 1st birthday! We had crab legs/seafood boil and grilled artichokes, so I was able to budget enough to enjoy a slice of cake and 1/2 cup of Halo Top ice cream.

Since starting my journey in January, I've cut out nearly all processed sugar. When I eat sweets, I bake the sugar-free mixes and only eat 1 or 2 mini-cupcake portions at time. Mostly what I've been eating here lately is a 1/2 cup of Halo Top ice cream at night.

So I was a little excited to have a piece of cake with very thick, rich buttercream icing. I cut myself a small piece, maybe half the size of a usual serving. I took a couple of bites and was honestly disappointed... the sugary buttercream had no taste to it besides SWEET. Syrupy, goopy sweet that just tastes like cavities. And though I've always been an "icing" person, it was just... gross, to be frank. I ate the cake with my Halo Top to mask the flavor.

Since eating the cake, however, I've felt awful all afternoon. I've had a stomach ache and honestly just want to lay down. This has driven home to me that sugar just doesn't have a large place in my diet any longer and in the future, I will limit myself to just a couple of bites of cake and not even a small slice.

Part of me is happy for the experience though. It reinforces the fact that I've made a lot of lifestyle changes and now if I ever have temptation in the future, I can remember how bad I felt today.

How is everyone else with sugar after making lifestyle changes? Have you noticed this in your journey as well?

submitted by /u/acelam
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/gto5gv/nsv_sugar_makes_me_sick_now/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...