Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: 11lbs down. 20lbs to go! I think i figured out the secret to making progress..?

Friday, May 29, 2020

11lbs down. 20lbs to go! I think i figured out the secret to making progress..?

Soooo .. I started my journey on April 1st.. Kind of a joke because of april fools and I was gonna go all out. I have the world's worst drive and sense of self discipline.. So it was supposed to be a funny and obvious "oooo I'm gonna stick to a long term challenge and plan". I got a yoga mat and cute resistance bands that I figured I could gift to a friend or family member after my little joke. I followed an ab challenge video and even recorded a bit to post. My plan was to be like hey! Look! Im actually gonna stick to something! Being someone with HORRIBLE impulse control and willpower, I didn't expect to actually .. Like it. I just stumbled on Chloe Ting's channel since her workouts are like.. 10-20 mins. It was easy to just slip it into my day. I did it, took the pictures and videos for proof and jokingly shared it with friends. I expected them to laugh and say "ah good one" ... But they cheered me on and supported it. It was like a switch flipped and I silently agreed with myself to stick to it for real. And i have. Those friends are still supportive and even want to join too!!!

So. What started as a semi self deprecating joke.. Ended up being .. My new hobby. I genuinely enjoy working out and I'm thriving on the feeling of "i did it" after every completed workout.

I've tried to lose weight in the past but it never worked. I would always quit and give up. When that switch flipped.. Im convinced I figured out one of the big secrets to progress.

In the past, I'd get so upset with my appearance and weight and insecurities which would lead to .. A short term burst of "im gonna work out" but that flame would die because it was fueled by a negative midset. I'd look in the mirror and say I'm just doomed to be overweight and ugly forever. It was awful.

And now.. Even though I went into this as a joke.. After actually doing the first video and completing it, i felt proud. And then the immediate support that came from the people I thought would laugh at me made it all click. I started to actively work out amd eat better because I deserve it. I no longer feel bad about my appearance because im working on it. If i don't like it right now, that's okay because it's going to change for the better. I used to hate pictures because of my weight .. Im still a little insecure .. But im working on it and those pictures will soon be my "before" pictures. Ill be able to show them to people and say "look at the progress i made!"

Im convinced the big secret to all of it is.. to work for a better you.. Because you deserve it. Dont let self-hate drive you. That leads to un healthy habits. Do it to be a better you and be proud of every step. Yall got this. 💪💪💪💛💛💛

submitted by /u/Navi_Nw
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/gsovxd/11lbs_down_20lbs_to_go_i_think_i_figured_out_the/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...