Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Terrified of diabetes! My mind about weight loss techniques just changed.

Friday, May 29, 2020

Terrified of diabetes! My mind about weight loss techniques just changed.

I’m 21F 5’4” 180lbs (down from 200lbs). In February I hit a plateau and still haven’t gotten past it. Up until now I’ve been doing intermittent fasting and a vegetarian diet. Usually on vegetarian diets, if you’re doing them poorly like me, you eat a lot of carbs and some protein with very little veggies. This is a big no! I know. I also have a really bad Starbucks addiction I’m trying to kick down to once every 2 weeks. Making progress!

This post comes from a recent existential crisis I had while in quarantine. I’ve always heard “you’re pre-disposed to type 2 diabetes, better watch out.” Or “you don’t want diabetes now, do you?” But it never hit me until I realized I’m mortal and I can actually die. Like straight up die. Even cutting the sugar from Starbucks down from once a DAY to once a WEEK I was still eating so many carbs! I didn’t even realize they turn to sugar. Like I knew they did, but it never really hit me until now for some reason. So when my vision started to blur more and I started to have constant anxiety attacks I figured I could be (pre)diabetic. I plan on going to the doctors as soon as I can safely (covid) and I’ll get tested. But today marks day 1 of vegetarian keto for me. I think it’s also time to get off of World of Warcraft and actually exercise a bit.

I know it’s not a full success story yet, but I’m down 20 pounds and I’m proud! Gotta keep pushing. If not to look good on Instagram, then to live a healthier and longer life. Hopefully this can serve as food for thought for anyone struggling with some similar internal conflicts.

submitted by /u/LoveRadke
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/gt8hce/terrified_of_diabetes_my_mind_about_weight_loss/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...