Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I'm breaking the cycle. (Possible TW)

Thursday, May 28, 2020

I'm breaking the cycle. (Possible TW)

When i was 14 i thought i was fat at 60kg, being 1.65m. I was not. But living with a mom who (i strongly assume) has an undiagnosed eating disorder and an obsession with being skinny, my thoughts and feeling got confirmed every day.

I've been trying to lose weight for over 10 years, but instead i gained 30kg and became obese, and all the attempts that have been succesful were unhealthy. I simply just wouldn't eat. I got an infection in early 2019, got sick, barely ate and lost 5kg in 2 weeks, after that i got really motivated and lost another 5 the healthy way. 1400 calories, 3 big meals and 1 or 2 snacks. I was over the moon. But it wasn't enough. I wanted it faster. What if i only ate 500 or less a day? I wouldn't have to wait 1-2 years to lose my weight. It never worked. Within 3 days, or the same evening, i was back eating maintenance or binged and overate waaaay too much. Now, nearly 12 months later, my weight has not moved a single bit. So today, i'm breaking the starving-binging cycle. I'm gonna eat full meals and snacks around 1200-1400 a day. It's going to be slow and i'm not going to reach my ideal summer body this summer. But it's going to be sustainable and 1 year from now i won't regret this. I only have 20 kg to lose, so being in a 500 calorie deficit should take me about 10~ months. I can't wait to finally upload my progress picture and can officially say i went from obese to an healthy weight. I can't wait to start lifting and build some curves! (I've found that combining weight loss and muscle gain isn't for me. 2 very different goals and mindsets. Which doesnt work for me.)

I can do it! Slow and steady wins the race!

submitted by /u/m-y-c-a
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/gs0tcx/im_breaking_the_cycle_possible_tw/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...