Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Giving up on trying to lose weight and starting to try and eat healthy

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Giving up on trying to lose weight and starting to try and eat healthy

Today I made the decision to stop weighing myself and tracking my calories. Why?

Because I noticed something going back through my weight records from the last time I lost a bunch of weight (80lbs) - it was a time when I was tracking weight but not calories. I was eating a whole food plant based diet (no processed sugars, fats, no added oils, etc.) and simply weighing myself once a day. I made journal-like comments with each entry and I noticed that weighing myself was making me miserable. The focus on the number started to make me neurotic, and I quit and went back to binge eating when the number stalled out.

DESPITE the fact that I was feeling great.

This has made me realize something - the weight only matters to me because it matters to other people. When I eat healthy and feel good the only time I think about my body is when other people make a big deal about it. Well, I do not exist for them and I do not think it is healthy to believe that if my waist in a certain size I'm a better person. If I feel good I'm going to call that good.

So, goodbye scale and macros, hello big bowls of fruit and plates of brown rice. Eat when I'm hungry, stop when I'm not.

submitted by /u/dualhammers
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/gtowrh/giving_up_on_trying_to_lose_weight_and_starting/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...