Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: What is appetite, really?

Friday, May 29, 2020

What is appetite, really?

Two weeks ago I had the most peculiar thing happen to me. Something pretty bad happened in my private live and I lost all appetite for close to three days. Being more of a stress eater, that was a first. I have starved myself before in misjudged attempts to lose weight, but it was more about fighting and shaming this impulse, but I was still preoccupied with the thought of food. I've had times when the thought of eating was more repulsive than the intensity of this sensation. I've never had it go totally silent before.

Things have calmed down since and after the initial shock it seems to be looking up, but I'm still thinking about this part. I've never realized how powerful appetite is as a force until it just wasn't there. I just had no drive to eat. In a way, it was freeing. I only felt my stomach go empty and added a few bites only once the discomfort crossed over into pain. That was a decision. I didn't feel compelled to eat in the slightest.

Since then I've regained my normal appetite. It's frightening how powerful a force it really is, how much discomfort it causes if it's not fed, how much attention it demands. What is it, really? What makes it this strong? Why is it this painful to ignore?

submitted by /u/Lilly-of-the-Lake
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/gt4zvv/what_is_appetite_really/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...