Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Weight gain after Covid

Saturday, February 18, 2023

Weight gain after Covid

At the peak of 2020, I went on a fad diet during my time quarantining at home. My lifestyle consisted heavily of being on a calorie deficit and intense workouts, to the point that I’d lost a lot of weight as a result. However, my body could not function properly under that range so I had to revert back to a more healthy eating/exceeding habit. I ended up gaining all of it back and even more than what I’d started out with. Throughout the course of summer to the end of autumn, I worked on losing that extra weight, trying to find myself at a healthier, normal range. My weight loss was gradual; after my horrendous experience with crash diets, I made sure to adequately fuel my body. I’ve lost seven pounds in total, being able to maintain it for about two months or so. That being said, when I contracted Covid around Christmas of this year, my weight fluctuated greatly. Initially I lost two more pounds but when I revert back to my regular diet (which isn’t calorie dense, and nutritious to being with), I ended up gaining back three more pounds in less than a month. Currently, I’m at a weight that is higher than my weight before being sick.

Can anyone tell me what possible reasons could occur that could result in a rapid weight gain? I mean, I generally don’t snack, always hit 10k steps a day, AND generally do 30 min of workout per day. Plus, I only limit myself to one cheat day per week.

I seriously am not looking forward to put effort in losing weight again, especially after all the hard work I’ve done. Since I refuse to lower my calorie intake I made sure to move around more to burn off what I ate. But, as a women, I found that it was too stressful for my body and my period stopped due to this action.

Has a similar situation ever happen to anyone? If so, how did you deal with this?

submitted by /u/yumcha_en
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/115rn7n/weight_gain_after_covid/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...