Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Old injuries coming up since I started going to the gym

Sunday, February 12, 2023

Old injuries coming up since I started going to the gym

I mostly just need to vent about this. I've only gone to the gym 8 days now (I go every weekday) and I'm getting some pain with an old sprained ankle I got like 3 years ago.

I honestly forgot about it because it's no hindrance to my everyday life up until this point. I get pain after leg day so I've concluded that leg presses are what's causing the pain. Mainly because it's the most load baring exercise I do with my ankles (second most is walking, but I haven't had any issues with walking before).

It just makes me kinda sad because the leg press is my favorite exercise so far and I was able to start at 55lbs simply from how naturally strong my legs are.

I'm gonna hold off on the leg press and in the meantime I'll work on strengthening my ankle until I can find a doctor to look at it. I found some stretches and simple exercises revolving range of movement in the ankle. I'll also switch from leg press to squats because it helps my knees.

I'll probably try the leg press again in a few weeks at a much lower weight (I'm thinking 10lbs)

I never knew that a sprained ankle would require physical therapy seeing as my parents were the "walk it off" parents in regards to injuries. But you live and you learn. As a public service announcement, if you have any old injuries that you didn't get physical therapy for, you should probably talk to your doctor about strengthening the muscles around the injury before adding weight.

submitted by /u/pumpkinthighs
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/110sh7n/old_injuries_coming_up_since_i_started_going_to/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...