Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: How can I convince my mum to lose weight without insulting her?

Friday, February 17, 2023

How can I convince my mum to lose weight without insulting her?

My mum is very heavy, about 350lbs. She usually has small meals throughout the day but binges at night and has a packet of biscuits or family sized bag of crisps while watching tv. She also has quite large portions and eats a lot of carbs. She doesn’t exercise much either and seems to be getting less and less mobile. She used to do a lot around the house but sits most of the time now. It just feels like she’s given up. I don’t mean to sound judgmental here, I just want to paint a picture so I can get the best advice. I love her dearly and I’d hate anything to happen with her health.

My mum is a good person but she’s terrible at receiving criticism and is very sensitive. Her weight is a sensitive topic for her and I’m not sure how to encourage her to lose weight without hurting her feelings. I don’t eat the healthiest food myself, so maybe if I start eating healthier and making a show of it, she might follow suit? I’m really not sure what else to do

submitted by /u/Spunky__
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/1151m53/how_can_i_convince_my_mum_to_lose_weight_without/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...