Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: You can build muscle....at home with equipment that fits in a closet! I have :)

Friday, April 1, 2022

You can build muscle....at home with equipment that fits in a closet! I have :)

Okay, I've never been a strong dude. I'm fairly tall (6') and was pretty athletic in my youth (I'm 40 now). As an adult, however, I've become overweight: job, age blah blah blah, lack of interest in exercise. Well, I made a change not too long ago when it became clear that COVID and being overweight don't mix well (haven't had it - fingers still crossed). So...my wife and I live in a one-bed apt, we have a peloton bike+ and the original peloton tread, and I've got a set of dumbbells (5, 10, 15, 20, 25, adjustables that can peak at 60). So...for the last year or so, I've been hitting it pretty much every day: biking, running or lifting. The lifting is what had been so surprising. I've never lifted before. But I figured cardio alone isn't good enough, so I got the dumbbells, knowing I don't have space for anything else. Then I made up a (somewhat) full-body lift routine (takes about 45 min if I don't lollygag, but actually move along and keep my HR up). I warm up with a 20 min run, then do my dumbbell routine for 45 min - always Wednesday and Saturday - the set schedule helps keep me honest and dedicated. In just a few months...I've noticed that i feel actual pecs for the first time ever...! My biceps are noticeably bigger and firmer....!! It seems so simple, but I never thought I would be able to build muscle...but I can - and all from my bedroom. I've got a long way to go for my goals and I'm not share-pics-ready...but I post this for anyone else out there who thought "it'll never be me" when it comes to getting stronger or building muscle...especially without going to a gym. IT - CAN - BE - DONE! just takes some discipline, honesty with respect to how much effort you are (and can) put in + how much weight will push you but allow you to lift safely and correctly, and some patience to monitor your form and effort to activate the correct muscles. With just a set of dumbbells that fit in a standard closet (the weights smell like sticky rubber, so I bought a big odor-lock sweater bag on amazon and zip the weights up when I'm not using them), you can change your life. It's already started for me - and I'm stoked! And I can't stop doing little flexes so I can feel what small gains I've earned :).

submitted by /u/riedmae
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/tu8eeh/you_can_build_muscleat_home_with_equipment_that/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...