Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Maintaining weight after a diet

Sunday, April 3, 2022

Maintaining weight after a diet

I’m not entirely sure if this is the right place to post this so if it isn’t I apologize. To preface, I used to weigh around 240 lbs and within the last 3 months I’ve lost around 30 pounds by changing my diet (staying in a deficit) and taking walks (around 3 miles when I can). My original goal was 200 but I’ve since changed it to 180. Right now i try to eat around 1500 calories a day while usually burning anywhere from around 2000 to 2500. I also use an app on my phone to log and track everything. However, what I’m most concerned about is maintaining a healthy weight once I’ve reached my goal. I know I can’t return to how I was eating, but if I continue to eat how I am I’ll just continue losing weight. I also don’t want to meticulously count everything I eat forever because I know that there’s a strong chance of developing eating disorders. From what I know about calorie deficits, if I burn 2500 calories a day, I’d need to eat roughly the same to maintain my current weight. A lot of what I’ve seen is either people saying that not counting calories caused them to gain the weight back or people saying eating more will also make you gain it back.

So I guess my question is how do I balance my diet and exercise to maintain my weight without eating too much and gaining the weight back or not eating enough and continuing to lose weight all while trying to not develop an eating disorder?

Sorry for the long and wordy post, just wanted to see if anyone had answers or if anyone had gone through something similar. All responses appreciated :)

submitted by /u/Photoic
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/tvo1lj/maintaining_weight_after_a_diet/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...