Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Before I can think the oreo is already in my mouth and I can't control my impulses

Sunday, April 3, 2022

Before I can think the oreo is already in my mouth and I can't control my impulses

I have been doing a lot of thinking recently and realized how much of my problems come from feeling overwhelmed, needing some thing to pass the time, and just letting myself be defined by my impulses. I know I need to take an active effort of letting the urges pass, but sometimes it feels like I am already eating before I can even think about it. Like the dopamine addict inside me just tries to short circuit the thinking so it still gets its unearned hit which is frankly really fucking up my life.

I'm doing much better than I normally do an I am brushing daily, washing my face regularly, reading, going to classes, and even hit the gym twice last week. But in these small moments where I still haven't erased old habits, I still succumb to the worst of me. I went out with friends a few days ago and knew I should have stopped at half the burrito but just kept going. Then came back home and ate the pizzas that a roommate brought over. I downed like 2 snack packets of nutella, and the excuse I have is "wanting the right taste" to stop eating with, even though I'll have water or some other food two seconds later. And of course, I got to that point where "I had already fucked up, so might as well keep going." It's not just food. I have scrambled at anything and everything to avoid studying for my test even though I ENJOY THE MATERIAL. I don't know what on earth is going on, and how to have that "3-2-1, let's GO." moment.

I know there's long term solutions like meditating, but in these small moments where I just have to fight the urge.. I just don't know what to do. Any advice will be appreciated.

submitted by /u/neva-enough
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/tvp691/before_i_can_think_the_oreo_is_already_in_my/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...