Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: It starts with a 1!

Monday, April 4, 2022

It starts with a 1!

Tonight, I (37/m, 5'6) jumped on the scale and my weight finally starts with a 1. 199.8.

Roughly one year ago today, I was in the doctor's office after I'd gotten a high BP reading at the dentist. Some of that was white-coat syndrome, but I clearly had work to do. He put me on a low dose BP med. Today, my BP read well within normal, and my doc wants me back in a few months to look at taking me off the med.

I started simple. Calorie counting and walking. I built that walking up, eventually walking several miles at a time. I burned through a few pairs of shoes. In October, at the encouragement of a friend, I started running with a couch to 5k plan. When I started, just running for 30 seconds at a time was tough. I ended up running my first 5k. In the last week I was able to do a long run of 10k, and a couple more 5k runs. I'm not a fast runner by any means (12min\mile) but still an achievement i'm thrilled with.

It hasn't been all clear sailing. I've had plateaus. Hell, I even regained 10lbs in the middle due to some awful shit hitting the fan in the family last fall. But by just hopping back on again and again, eventually progress still comes.

Before (don't have many great pictures as honestly I wasn't happy with how I looked in most of them)

Current

Onward and downward!

submitted by /u/fcocyclone
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/twhf5w/it_starts_with_a_1/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...