Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: 41yo Male, 5'11" SW: 347 CW: 285 GW: ~200 (Started January 2021)

Monday, June 21, 2021

41yo Male, 5'11" SW: 347 CW: 285 GW: ~200 (Started January 2021)

Long time / first time: Need advice on where to go from here.

Back in January my wife suddenly wanted a divorce. I found myself living in my parents basement and looking to improve myself. This isn't the first time I have tried to lose the weight, but its the first time she wasn't in the way. We were once both very fit, and I have packed on 150lbs over the last 15 years while she remained fit through having 4 kids.

As I eat out every meal I started going for the "clean" food like grilled chicken and vegetables. I also hit the gym for the first time in decades, weight training 3 days a week. By mid March I was hovering at 300.

Around the end of March it looked like we were going to reconcile. We spent 4 weeks back together and I went from 300 to 310 during that time. Then, around April 24th things fell apart and I moved to my parents house. Since then I have worked my way down to 285 and for the past few weeks I have been hovering at that same weight.

Since I am eye balling everything (keeping over 50% protein and splitting the rest between carbs/fat, anywhere from 1500 to 1800 calories per day, sometimes much less - hey I have been depressed) I can't say its an actual plateau. I have been committed to a lifestyle change, not weighing food daily and prepping a weeks worth of meals. I generally eat out every meal due to work and prepping is possible, but not the way I would spend the rest of my life.

I've never stopped lifting weights. I can say my chest, arms and body are very different from where I started, weight loss aside.

I am debating whether I should start tracking everything and maybe even go to meal prep. I don't like the idea because it could add a lot of stress, and I could do calorie tracking using the nutritional info available from restaurants.

I have also considered going keto until I am down around 200 and then slowly shift to what would work long term. I see a lot out there about "calories equated, carbs/protein/fat are the same for weight loss). Obviously I need a lot of protein for weight training and having no carbs worries me in the gym, but its more important I lose the fat than have gains in the gym right now.

I see these stories about "I lost 4 million pounds in 11 months" all the time and I don't want to be at the end of the year and find myself still far from my goal weight. If you think back to Jared's subway diet, this is a diet I could do, and he supposedly went from 425 to close to 200 inside a year.

Looking for advice and support, sorry if I am breaking any rules with this post. Its not my Day 1, but its my first done here on this group. Thanks!

submitted by /u/thisismynext_
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/o5a6uf/41yo_male_511_sw_347_cw_285_gw_200_started/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...