Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: please tell me that weight loss fixed your high blood pressure

Tuesday, June 22, 2021

please tell me that weight loss fixed your high blood pressure

my life story as it pertains to weight: I was a fat kid, a really fat teenager, lost a bunch of weight around age 17, gained some back but not most of it, and now currently at the age of 26 I'm sitting around bmi 29 (230-240 lbs) and had gotten complacent at overweight but not "obese".

A couple weeks ago my doctor told me I had high blood pressure (confirmed with monitoring at home.) She wants to put me on losartan. I want to have a clear path towards getting off these meds based on weight loss and lifestyle changes before I start. I'm frankly scared by the idea of becoming medication dependent at such a young age. I figure a reasonable goal is a fourty pound loss, 195 lbs, which would put me firmly in the 'normal' range.

So: if you had high blood pressure before weight loss, did you see a significant change? how much weight did you lose and how much did it lower your blood pressure?

submitted by /u/zanycaswell
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/o62twz/please_tell_me_that_weight_loss_fixed_your_high/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...