Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I'm about 10lbs away from my goal weight via calorie counting, but I want advice on maintaining my weight after I reach my goal.

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

I'm about 10lbs away from my goal weight via calorie counting, but I want advice on maintaining my weight after I reach my goal.

I've done calorie counting before, about 6 years ago I had hit my highest weight yet, 6' 1' male @ 260lbs. I got onto an aggressive calorie counting plan and managed to reach 190lbs in less than 6 months. For a while I stayed there, but I had a relationship end about 4 months after losing the weight and I just started stress eating. By the time I stopped myself, I was 230lbs. And, there I've stayed, for the last 4 years.

I decided to get back into what worked for me before, but not so aggressively. I started in Oct and now I'm 10lbs away, but I'm not sure what my best option is for maintaining 190lbs.

My thoughts have been to not stop logging calories, so that I can better adjust to the changes. Also, if I reach my goal weight and a calorie counter says that to maintain that weight I need to stay around, say 2300 calories, I've been considering if I should just put that number lower, to say 2000 calories. If I lose more over an extended time, whatever, but at least I won't be gaining weight, right? Also, I generally live a fairly sedentary lifestyle. I work in an office and sit at a desk most of the time. I work far enough from work that by the time I'm home it's an hour til bedtime. The weekend is when I might have room to be more active, hiking, kayaking, but that's largely during the warmer months. As well, I've always had a slow metabolism and an intestinal disease which sometimes means I might be constipated for up to 2 weeks, which sucks. Not sure how much I need to take that into account.

Does my plan sound good or what would be a good course of action to maintain weight once I hit that goal.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Aniform
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/fd5v69/im_about_10lbs_away_from_my_goal_weight_via/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...