Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: How do you hold yourself accountable?

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

How do you hold yourself accountable?

I've recently decided to really buckle down on my weight loss, at least as much as I can with the gym's near me being closed. I'm currently in the very early stages of it, mostly just doing my research and trying to cut out as much of the unhealthy food and habits that I can, but I'm really running into a problem with holding myself accountable for my choices. So far I've stopped drinking soda and instead reach for tea or water, and I only drink about 1 cup of coffee a day. I wasn't necessarily raised with healthy eating habits, both of my parents were overweight and horrible with those kind of things when I was growing up. I also don't always know how much is too much food to put on my plate, so that's another thing I've been really focusing on. But how do you set those kinds of limitations for yourself? It feels like it's one thing if I have someone tell me what I should be doing, but when I tell myself I feel as if it's less consequential when I bend or break the rules. I've asked my SO to hold me accountable, but it's hard for him to do considering we have fairly different schedules, he doesn't quite know what to look-out for or what to put a stop to, and he's trying to put on weight while I'm trying to lose it, so it also makes him feel hypocritical if he tells me to stop eating or that I have to go for a walk before I can have a snack. I'd also love some general advice and ideas about dieting and exercise!

TL;DR I don't listen to my own rules about food and I need advice, also how do I lose weight in general?

submitted by /u/justanotherlickdick
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/fsplf3/how_do_you_hold_yourself_accountable/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...